Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Liebster Award

shirt/shoes: target, pants: old navy, scarf: forever 21

 
Here's outfit two of ten.
 
A really long time ago, Rachel from Sincerely Peachy nominated us for a Liebster Award. And then we never wrote our post. And a few days ago, Jenny nominated us too!  Thank you two for the nomination!
 
So here are 11 facts about me.
1.  I was born in Hawaii and lived in Alaska for five years when I was young.
2.  I call shopping carts "buggies".
3. I listen to Christmas music year round.
4. I sucked my thumb until I was 14.  The night before Viv and I turned 18, we were staying with my dad in Idaho and we were sharing a bed. Viv woke up in the middle of the night and I was sucking my thumb!! I guess I had to give it one more go before I became and adult.
5. One of my pet peeves is when people leave their windshield wipers on too long and it squeaks.
6. The very day I posted on facebook that I wanted a kitty Jordan found some stray kittens in a shed behind his house. I ran over and snagged one for myself and kept her in my apartment until my landlord found out.  Viv has her now and her name is Pigeon. I still love her and miss her, but I'm happy she is happy. Also, Jordan says he's allergic to cats, but I think he's lying and just doesn't want me to get him one.
7. I'm allergic to kiwi.
8. I don't like bacon on or in things, but I will eat it by itself. And I do like BLTs.
9. I am terrible at quoting movies, and it kind of bugs me when people do it. But that may just be because I can't.
10. My favorite snacks are popcorn and cereal.
11. When I am too tired I cry. I can't explain why and in my head I know I shouldn't, but that's just what happens. But crying is a response I have to a lot of different emotions - hunger, anger, sadness...

 
Rachel's Questions for us:
1. What is your favorite song and why?
This is a tough one! I don't really have just one song that is a favorite.  Lately I can't stop listening to anything Tegan and Sara.  But some old/always favorites are Priscilla Ahn and The Hush Sound
2. How did you choose your name for your blog?
Well, my family and friends call me Suz and call Viv, Viv :)
3. What's your favorite item in your makeup bag?
I am obsessed with lip stick and tinted lip balm. I have braces right now so I never wear it in public but I am excited when they are finally off and I won't look like a 12 year old! I just bough covergirl's lip perfection jumbo gloss balm (quite the name). I got apricot twist and I love it!
4. If you could travel anywhere where would you go and why?
I've always wanted to go to Great Britain.  I haven't traveled much and I think Great Britain appeals to me because everyone speaks English. And I'm a wussy and would like the ease of being able to talk to people while I travel.  I also really want to go back to Alaska and visit.
5. Cake or ice cream?
I guess I'm not a huge cake or icecream fan. I do love McDonalds $1 icecream cones though.
6. Who's your best friend and why?
My husband!  He understands me and my goofyness and is sensitive to how emotional I can get sometimes. Viv is a close second.
7. What's your favorite childhood memory?
We spent most of our childhood in Alaska and constantly played outside. We used to have mudfights in a field behind our house with our mom. People would drive by and slow down and stare at us when we slung mud at eachother.  It was the best. Also, during the first big snow of the year my mom would keep us home from school and have a snow day!
8. Dog or cats?
CATS!
9. What's your "go-to" funny you tube video?
Funny cat videos/pictures.  This is a favorite.
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? (we're always growing up right? right)
I would love to work at a wildlife rehabilitation center. Or the zoo or just anything hands on with animals. I love animals!
11. Why do you blog?
Because Viv makes me :)
 
Jenny's questions for us:
1) Do you prefer crunchy peanut butter or creamy?
Creamy, but crunchy when I was little
2) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Somewhere in the mountains in the west - Alaska, Montana, Colorado...
3) Where did you spend your favorite vacation?
I don't know if I've ever really been on a vacation. I guess visiting California to see my mom or Coeur D'Alene, Idaho to see my dad.
4) What is your least favorite thing to sweep up off the floor? (i.e. lettuce, peas, cheese..)
Things that roll.  Jordan's little brother is living with us right now and they like to play with BB guns. Those little BBs are impossible to sweep up!
5) What do you want to be when you "grow up"? (what are you studying)
I answered this above, I am getting my master's in Wildlife and Wildlands Conservation right now
6) If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This is a tough one! Maybe "He's Just Not That Into You"
7) If you could swap wardrobes with one person who would it be?
Jessica Day on New Girl or Daria from Kittenhood. I've just discovered her blog and I am obsessed. I wish I dressed more girly. Also Kristine from Kristine or Polly.
8) What is your favorite kind of music?
I like folky, indie sort of stuff. My husband calls it boring/sleepytime music.
9) What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas for sure. I love Christmas music, Christmas decorations, being together with family, buying gifts for people, getting gifts, surprises, food. Everything! I get warm fuzzy feelings thinking about it!
10) When did you start blogging and why?
Viv and I though it would be fun and a good way to not wear the same things all the time like I have a habit of doing. I wanted to push myself to dress brave.
11) What is one of your new years resolutions?
I wanted to eat out less and spend less money on stuff. I feel like I can be pretty materialistic sometimes. Especially with Christmas and all of that shopping. And travelling so much we really did eat out a lot and spend a lot towards the end of last year.  I want to be happy and content with the things I have.
 
This is a long post! Congrats if you made it through :)
 
-Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment